Read and listen to Unserdeutsch
· Chinese roots (02:19 min / 2.1 MB)
A native speaker of Unserdeutsch talks about his Chinese roots.
· Hol den Eimer! (01:14 min / 1.1 MB)
An illustration of the Unserdeutsch imperative.
· Languages at school (04:53 min / 4.8 MB)
A native speaker of Unserdeutsch talks about the status of different superstrate languages at school until World War II.
Read and listen to the fairytale in Unserdeutsch.
· Polylingualism (00:56 min / 891 KB)
A native speaker of Unserdeutsch talks about the different languages he speaks and once spoke.
· Unserdeutsch vs. Standard German (03:18 min. / 3.1 MB)
In this interview the interviewer is speaking Standard German while the native speaker who is being interviewed switches to a code which can neither be regarded as "typically" Unserdeutsch (therefore no transcriptions have been made for this interview), nor is it Standard German. Rather, the language used here is somehow placed "in between" these two codes.
· Unserdeutsch pronouns (05:53 min. / 5.39 MB)
Gives you an impression of the Unserdeutsch pronouns.
· Lexical influence (05:02 min. / 5.39 MB)
gives you an impression of the lexical influence of other languages on Unserdeutsch (and vice versa).
These recordings were made by Craig Volker in the late 70s and we would like to thank him for supplying us with these.