• Dieris M, Ahuja G, Krishna V, Korsching SI (2016) A single identified
glomerulus in the zebrafish olfactory bulb carries the high-affinity response to
death-associated odor cadaverine. Sci Rep, in press.
• Syed AS, Sansone A, Hassenklöver T, Manzini I, Korsching SI (2016) Coordinated shift of olfactory amino acid responses and V2R expression to an amphibian water nose during metamorphosis. Cell Mol Life Sci, in press.
• Sharma K, Ahuja G, Hussain A, Balfanz S, Baumann A, Korsching SI. (2016) Elimination of a ligand gating site generates a supersensitive olfactory receptor. Sci Rep. Jun 21;6:28359.
• Zapilko V, Korsching SI. (2016) Tetrapod V1R-like ora genes in an early- diverging ray-finned fish species: the canonical six ora gene repertoire of teleost fish resulted from gene loss in a larger ancestral repertoire. BMC Genomics. Jan 27;17:83.
• Syed AS, Sansone A, Röner S, Bozorg Nia S, Manzini I, Korsching SI. (2015) Different expression domains for two closely related amphibian TAARs generate a bimodal distribution similar to neuronal responses to amine odors. Sci Rep. Sep 11;5:13935.
• Saraiva LR, Ahuja G, Ivandic I, Syed AS, Marioni JC, Korsching SI*, Logan DW. Molecular and neuronal homology between the olfactory systems of zebrafish and mouse. Sci Rep. 2015 Jun 25;5:11487.
* co-senior author
• Behrens M, Korsching SI, Meyerhof W. Tuning properties of avian and frog bitter taste receptors dynamically fit gene repertoire sizes. Mol Biol Evol. 2014 Dec;31(12):3216-27. Epub 2014 Aug 31.
• Syed AS, Korsching SI. Positive Darwinian selection in the singularly large taste receptor gene family of an 'ancient' fish, Latimeria chalumnae. BMC Genomics. 2014 Aug 5;15:650.
• Behrens M, Frank O, Rawel H, Ahuja G, Potting C, Hofmann T, Meyerhof W, Korsching S. ORA1, a zebrafish olfactory receptor ancestral to all mammalian V1R genes, recognizes 4-hydroxyphenylacetic acid, a putative reproductive pheromone. J Biol Chem. 2014 Jul 11;289(28):19778-88.
• Sansone A, Syed AS, Tantalaki E, Korsching SI, Manzini I. Trpc2 is expressed in two olfactory subsystems, the main and the vomeronasal system of larval Xenopus laevis. J Exp Biol. 2014 Jul 1;217(Pt 13):2235-8.
• Ahuja G, Bozorg Nia S, Zapilko V, Shiriagin V, Kowatschew D, Oka, Y, Korsching SI (2014) Kappe neurons, a novel population of olfactory sensory neurons. Sci Rep. 4:4037.
• Sansone A, Hassenklöver T, Syed AS, Korsching SI and Manzini I (2014) Phospholipase C and diacylglycerol mediate olfactory responses to amino acids in the main olfactory epithelium of an amphibian. PLoS One 9(1):e87721.
• Hussain A., Saraiva L.R., Ferrero D., Ahuja G, Krishna VS, Liberles SD, Korsching SI (2013) High-affinity olfactory receptor for the death-associated odor cadaverine. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 110(48):19579-84.
BBC Science News
Popular Science PopSci
Inkfish Science blog
• Ahuja G, Ivandic I, Saltürk M, Oka Y, Nadler W, Korsching SI. (2013) Zebrafish crypt neurons project to a single, identified mediodorsal glomerulus. Sci Rep. 3:2063.
• Syed AS, Sansone A, Nadler W, Manzini I, Korsching SI. (2013) Ancestral amphibian v2rs are expressed in the main olfactory epithelium. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A May 7;110(19):7714-9.
• Gliem S, Syed AS, Sansone A, Kludt E, Tantalaki E, Hassenklöver T, Korsching SI*, Manzini I. (2013) Bimodal processing of olfactory information in an amphibian nose: odor responses segregate into a medial and a lateral stream. Cell Mol Life Sci. 70(11):1965-84.
* shared corresponding author
• Oka Y., Saraiva L.R., Korsching S.I. (2012) Crypt neurons express a single V1R-related ora gene. Chem Senses 37(3):219-27. Epub 2011 Oct 29.
• Oka Y., Korsching S.I. (2011) Shared and unique g alpha proteins in the zebrafish versus Mammalian senses of taste and smell. Chem Senses 36(4):357-65. Epub 2011 Jan 17.
• Hussain A., Saraiva L.R., Korsching S.I. (2009) Positive selection and the birth of an olfactory receptor clade in teleosts. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci, USA 106:4313-8.
• Oka Y., Saraiva L.R., Kwan, Y.-Y., Korsching S.I. (2009) The fifth class of G alpha proteins. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci, USA 106:1484-1489.
• Monfared P., Winkeler A., Klein M., Li H., Klose A., Hoesel M., Waerzeggers Y., Korsching S.I., Jacobs A.H. (2008) Noninvasive assessment of E2F-1-mediated transcriptional regulation in vivo. Cancer Res. 68:5932-40.
• Kraemer A. M., Saraiva L.R., Korsching S.I. (2008) Structural and functional diversification in the teleost S100 family of calcium-binding proteins. BMC Evol. Biol. 8:48.
• Saraiva, L.R. and Korsching, S.I. (2007) A novel olfactory receptor gene family in teleost fish. Genome Res 17, 1448-57.
• Oehlmann, V.D., Berger, S., Sterner, C. and Korsching, S.I. (2004) Zebrafish beta tubulin 1 expression is limited to the nervous system throughout development, and in the adult brain is restricted to a subset of proliferative regions, Mech Dev GEP 4, 191-198.
• Argo, S., Weth, F. and Korsching, S.I. (2003) Analysis of penetrance and expressivity during ontogenesis supports a stochastic choice of zebrafish odorant receptors from pre-determined groups of receptor genes, Eur J Neurosci.17, 833-843.
• Oehlmann, V.D., Korte, H., Sterner, C. and Korsching, S.I. (2002) A neuropeptide FF-related gene is expressed selectively in neurons of the terminal nerve in Danio rerio, Mech Dev 117, 357-361.
• Çelik, A., Fuss, S.H. and Korsching, S.I. (2002) Selective targeting of zebrafish olfactory receptor neurons by the endogenous omp promoter, Eur. J. Neurosci. 15, 798-806.
• Fried, H.-U., Fuss, S.H. and Korsching, S.I. (2002) Selective imaging of presynaptic activity in the mouse olfactory bulb shows concentration- and structure dependence of odor responses in identified glomeruli, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99, 3222-3227.
• Fuss, S.H. and Korsching, S.I. (2001) Odorant feature detection: activity mapping of structure response relationships in the zebrafish olfactory bulb, J Neurosci. 21, 8396-8407.
• Fried, H.-U., Linnig, H.-D. and Korsching, S.I. (2001) An inexpensive mouse headholder for optical recordings, Physiol Behav. 74, 253-255.
• Friedrich, R.W. and Korsching, S.I. (1998) Chemotopic, combinatorial, and noncombinatorial odorant representations in the olfactory bulb revealed using a voltage-sensitive axon tracer, J Neurosci. 18, 9977-9988.
• Wellerdieck, C., Oles, M., Pott, L., Korsching, S., Gisselmann, G., and Hatt, H. (1997), Functional Expression Of Odorant Receptors Of the Zebrafish Danio Rerio and Of the Nematode C-Elegans In Hek293 Cells. Chemical Senses, 22(4), 467-476.
• Fukada, K., Korsching, S. and Towle, M.F. (1997) Tissue-specific and ontogenetic regulation of LIF protein levels determined by quantitative enzyme immunoassy, Growth Factors 14, 279-295.
• Friedrich, R.W. and Korsching, S. (1997) Combinatorial and chemotopic odorant coding in the zebrafish olfactory bulb visualized by optical imaging, Neuron 18, 737-752.
• Weth, F., Nadler, W., and Korsching, S. (1996) Nested expression zones for odorant receptors in zebrafish olfactory epithelium, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 93, 13321-13326.
• Baier, H., Rotter, S. and Korsching, S. (1994), Connectional topography in the zebrafish olfactory system: random positions but regular spacing of sensory neurons projecting to an individual glomerulus, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91, 11646-11650.
• Baier, H. and Korsching, S. (1994), Zebrafish olfactory glomeruli form an invariant pattern and are identifiable across animals, Journal of Neuroscience 14, 219-230.
• Korsching, S. (1993), The neurotrophic factor concept: a reexamination, (feature article), Journal of Neuroscience 13, 2739-2748.
• Korsching, S. (1991), Sniffing out odorant receptors, Trends in Biochemical Sciences 16, 277-278.
• Yamamori, T., Fukada, K., Aebersold, R., Korsching, S., Fann M.-J., Patterson, P. (1989), The cholinergic neuronal differentiation factor from heart cells is identical to leukemia inhibitory factor, Science 246 , 1412-1416.